“There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger and live just a little bit better.” -Unknown
It is February, and in this month we tend to think a little more about the ones we hold dearest to our hearts. We think about our spouses, children, grandchildren, and our closest friends. I encourage you to read the quote above and think about those in your life who make you laugh and smile. Are they who you thought they would be? Are you laughing and smiling as much as you used to? Would you like to have more meaningful interactions throughout the day?
Did you know?
- According to the National Council on Aging,
- Feelings of loneliness increase the risk for cognitive decline and dementia
- Social isolation is one of two factors making elders vulnerable to abuse
- Geographic, physical and cultural barriers prevent 1 in 6 seniors from interacting with their peers in the community
- According to the University of Rochester Medical Center, social interaction in older adults can:
- Potentially reduce risk for cardiovascular problems, some cancers, osteoporosis, and rheumatoid arthritis
- Potentially reduce risk for Alzheimer's disease
- Lower blood pressure
- Reduced risk for mental health issues such as depression
Sagora’s lifestyle program is committed to enriching our resident’s lives as a whole. By offering fun and vibrant activities that encompass all the aspects of wellness (physical, intellectual, emotional, spiritual, vocational, and of course social), we intend to provide our residents with the best opportunity to thrive in the years to come. Some ways we do this is providing a variety of daily social activities, entertainment, seminars, fitness classes, as well as trips to fun places around town. Like anywhere, you have your choice of things you can participate in throughout the day, but the convenience and the ease of enjoying life in a Sagora community is hard to beat!
Each time I walk into one of our Sagora communities, I’m greeted by a feeling of togetherness. I look around and it makes my heart happy with how much love I see. Whether someone is smiling in a game of pinochle, laughing with friends at Wednesday’s happy hour, or chatting with buddies at Men’s Coffee…I know that they are surrounded by people that make life “just a little bit better.”
It’s a new month and the start of a new year. Make it just a little bit better. Happy February!
Regional Lifestyles and Pathways Specialist
Texas Company Adds Houston Area Retirement Community to Unique, Growing National Portfolio
FORT WORTH, May 1, 2017 – Sagora Senior Living, on…
Read More >
Upscale amenities and superior care set standards for senior living.
PORT ST. LUCIE, FL – July 19, 2016 - On July 15, 2…
Read More >
Senior living community to offer upscale amenities to residents.
CORPUS CHRISTI, TX – July 15, 2016 – On June 29, 2…
Read More >